Shadows Over San Diego
Almost every game has its House Rules, and ours is no exception. Listed here are the House Rules we have adopted in Shadows Over San Diego. If we make a rules call on site (and it is precedent setting) we will post it here as well for clarification. If you have any questions about a rules call here, please feel free to ask in advance. It is much better to ask in advance than assume and be wrong during game.
House rules to be listed as we make them.
- We are not using Fighting Styles. Please take an appropriate specialty and we will incorporate it in the narrative of the scene.
- We are not using the Flaw system. You are encouraged to add these into your backstory, but they will not affect your XP.
- Conspiracies are not accessible to start.
- We are not using a Lore system, or incorporating the canon/metaphysics of other nWoD systems/settings.
- All players may request up to 3 tips about a certain monster type at character creation to reflect information they’ve gathered in their study/pursuit of this monster type.
- To sustain an atmosphere of tension and uncertainty, Storytellers may choose to “roll blind,” which is to say conceal rolls when your character would not be able to instinctively determine their outcome.
- Weapon traits will be given based on the WoD Core book, not the Armory.