Shadows Over San Diego
Character Creation will follow all the base rules for character creation outlined in Hunter: The Vigil. These are as follows:
- Attributes: 5/4/3
- Skills: 11/7/4 (Up to two abilities may start at 4, the rest cap at 3)
- Specialties: 3, +1 based on your Profession
- Merits: 7 (The fifth dot cost two points)
- Health = Stamina + Size
- Willpower = Resolve + Composure
- Size: 5
- Defense: Lower of Dexterity or Wits
- Initiative Mod: Dexterity + Composure
- Speed: Strength + Dexterity + 5
- Starting Integrity: 7 (You can drop it to 6 to gain 5 XP)
- Choose your Virtue and Vice
- You are welcome to take flaws in your backstory, but we will not be using WoD flaw systems.
Now, you will choose your Hunter specific Traits.
After this point, each character will have an additional thirty-five (35) experience points to further round out their character. In addition to this, each character gains twelve (12) experience points is considered “Practical” experience, being able to be spent on Cell Tactics.
This XP is indicative of the fact that you have completed a successful hunt. As such, you may ask Chrys for information about a monster type of your choice, to receive up to 3 tips you’ve gained in your time pursuing this monster type. How many tips you gain is your call, based on how much experience you feel you have with these creatures. Please note that these are details you’ve picked up from reading, experience, or word of mouth, not necessarily proven strategies.
In addition to this experience, there are a few other things you can do to increase your starting experience total. See the list here.
You may submit your character to our game e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or to any member of staff, but it is preferred you give it to Jonathan, as he is the Majordomo of Character Sheets.
We will not do character creation at site. We have an assortment of pregens that you can choose from, and we are willing to approve characters you made on your own at site. If the character was incorrectly created and it will take too much time to fix, we will give you a pregen to play for that night, and you can apply the XP earned in that game session to the character you originally attempted to submit.